Vizio TV has backlight and sound but no picture:
Currently, Vizio can be regarded as the most popular TV brands, owing to a smooth operating system and simple navigation, the brand has surely made its mark but on the other side just like any other technical device Vizio TV also carries certain issues which hinder the streaming.
At times to solve this issue you will need to reboot or power cycle a Vizio TV if it has audio and backlight but isn’t showing images. Although the error is often caused by a software flaw, certain easy steps should fix it right away. You can also inspect and repair any weak links that might be interfering with the images.
In this article provided by CancelSubscriptions.net, we are going to address solutions on how to fix the issue when Vizio TV has a backlight and sound but no picture.
How to reset Vizio Smart TV?
Follow the instructions below to reset Vizio Smart TV-
- Remove the router from the network.
- On the Vizio remote, click the menu button.
- Select "System" from the menu and then "OK."
- Pick OK after selecting Reset & Admin.
- Select OK after resetting the TV to factory defaults.
- When activated, insert the parental or other security lock code (default parental lock code is 0000)
- Click "Reset" and then "OK."
- Pause until the television is turned off.
- After cleaning its configuration and restoring all files from its cache, the TV will display the setup screen.
- Reconnect the router.
- Activate the Vizio Smartcast process on the television and link again to the Wi-Fi
Check the Connections
Broken or weak cable connections are one of the most common reasons for Vizio TV not getting pictures. The show may be dim or black if the set is not appropriately paired. To make sure that the cables are properly wired, follow these steps-
- In case the TV is on Switch it off.
- Examine the HDMI connections to see if they are safe.
- Carry out the same procedure for concrete and coaxial links. If they’re weak, tighten them up.
- Then, switch on the television.
- Also, note that the cables may be damaged in some situations. Before trying to connect the Vizio TV, upgrade it with a decent high-speed cable, such as the Ivanky 4K HDMI cable.
Read Also: How to access Internet on Vizio Smart TV?
Replace the Power Board of the Television
You may skip this step and approach Vizio Support Service if your warrant is still available. One of the main elements of the warranty is the replacement of the power board. If the warranty expires, furthermore, you can proceed with the power board replacement-
If you’ve ever repaired a smart TV before, you can replace the power board. The majority of Vizio TVs are recoverable, which implies you won’t need any special tools to open it up and fix any of the elements. To substitute the power board, therefore, you’ll need the following items-
- A screwdriver
- Fuse, in case of emergency if you need one
- A brand-new power supply for the unique needs.
It is important to modify or replace the power board so that you don’t experience any such issue in future. Replace the power board by following the steps below-
- Disconnect the television if it is still plugged on.
- Remove the screws from the back of the cabinet.
- Find the fuses for the television (five fuses are there in total in Vizio TV)
- Fix any fuses that have been affected.
- Locate the wires that are attached to the board.
- Unscrew the board and disconnect the wires.
- Remove the old power supply and add the latest one.
Seek professional help if the TV still does not display pictures despite using the proper power board. When changing the board, a professional diagnosis will uncover conditions that were previously unknown. If you’ve never repaired a television before, it’s best to hire a trained Vizio professional.