Spotify Keeps Pausing Randomly: Spotify does a decent job of suggesting tracks, albums, and playlists, but its user experience isn’t always user-friendly when it comes to arranging the tracks. Many people have recently experienced the “Spotify keeps pausing” problem on their Windows and Android devices. Spotify will pause every two or three songs while they use it to listen to music, and they must press play to continue.
You may be wondering why Spotify suddenly stops playing. Regrettably, the causes of the problem are currently unknown. Nevertheless, if you’re using a Windows PC or an Android phone, this post will provide you with some useful and practical approaches. Let’s begin.
See also: Way to link Spotify to Alexa
Ways to fix the issue of Spotify Keeps Pausing Randomly?
Some of the few options for resolving the issue of Spotify pausing randomly are-
Disable energy-saving mode
When the smartphone’s energy-saving mode is turned on, application performance may suffer. If Spotify begins to have issues after you enable this mode, you can switch it off to see if it works. Follow the steps-
- On the mobile, go to “Settings.”
- Then, locate and open the “Apps” folder.
- Next, select “Battery Optimization.”
- In the search bar, enter ‘Spotify’, then click it to turn off the battery optimizer.
Reinstall Spotify App
You can opt to reinstall the application to resolve the issue. Redownload and reinstall the software after it has been uninstalled. Follow the steps to reinstall Spotify-
- Pick Apps from the Settings menu on the smartphone.
- Open the Spotify app by scrolling down and click on it
- Select Uninstall from the menu. Wait until everything has been taken down.
- The app is available for download from the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store.
Restart the device or router
One can resolve the issue by restarting the router or Android device. Unplug the router from the power supply and wait for at least 1 minute before connecting it. Hold down the power button until the Android device goes off. After that, you must wait about a minute prior to actually restarting it.
Disable high-quality streaming
A potentially useful way to resolve the issue of Spotify when it keeps pausing is to switch off the high-quality streaming service. That being said, one disadvantage is that it will limit the ability to listen to high-quality music. However, if you’re prepared to make the compromise you need to follow the steps to implement it-
- For instance, log in to the Spotify account and pick Your Library.
- After which click the settings icon at the upper right corner of the browser.
- Select the Music Quality choice and turn to other quality besides high.
Clean the app cache
Although caching can improve the overall Spotify experience, it can still go wrong in some ways. As a result, Spotify can continue to pause. You can also clean cache for app performance optimization to address this issue.
- Select Apps from the Settings menu on the smartphone.
- To access the Spotify app, scroll down and click on it.
- Next, select the Storage option from the menu. You’ll notice a button labelled “Clear cache”, click it.
- Since deleting cache does not remove the data, there is no need to back up your device. As a result, both the Spotify account and its settings will be secured.
Update the Android App
While using Spotify on an older version of Android, it may become difficult. To upgrade to Android, follow these instructions-
- Make sure the device is connected to the web via Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings > General. Concerning the Phone
- Choose the Check for updates now option under Software Update.
- Let the process finish before selecting Install Now option.
Sign-out of the Spotify account
To fix the issue of Spotify when it keeps pausing randomly you can consider signing out of the Spotify account on all of your devices. Here’s how you can do it-
- Go to the official Spotify site and click your account.
- Scroll to the Sign Out Everywhere option on the Account Overview page.
- This will sign you out of all Spotify instances across all of the devices.
Check the Internet Connectivity
Spotify Keeps Pausing Randomly: Spotify is an online streaming service, which means that it must be connected to the internet in order to work properly. Premium members can listen to their music offline, but in case you have a free account, you must be connected to the internet to enjoy the service.
If the Spotify application on iOS or Android keeps pausing, check to see if the internet connection is still functioning. You must be aware that occasionally the problem is not with your device; it could be a server issue, and you’ll have to wait for the issue to get addressed on the other end.