What is a VPN?
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. In simple words, it is a platform that provides privacy and anonymity to the user to operate online. This operation is created through a public internet network. The browsing activity of the user is protected from hackers and their personal information is also maintained with complete secrecy. Once the user is connected through the private network, their activity is encrypted and so is their data. Other cannot see the internet activity of the users nor the websites that they visit or the files that they download. This is enough a certificate to authenticate its popularity amongst the users.
How to setup VPN on Windows 10?
With the help of a VPN, the connectivity of the user is more secured to access the online content. Having a VPN profile is important on the PC. If the VPN requirement is work-related, then the user can look for the VPN app on company’s intranet site. If the VPN service is a personal requirement, then the user can visit the MS store to check is there is availability for the app for that specific service. VPN service website can be checked to see if the connection settings are listed.
- Select Start
- Go to Settings
- Click on Network and Internet
- Then go to “VPN” followed by “Add a VPN Connection”
- Under “Add a VPN Connection”, the following steps should be followed:
- Choose Windows for VPN provider
- Enter the name in the “Connection Name Box”. This is the VPN connecting name that the user will look for while connecting
- Enter the address of the VPN services in the “Server Name or Address”
- Select the type of VPN connection that the user wants to create. The user should be aware of the type of VPN Connection that the company uses or the VPN service provider uses.
- “Type of Sign-in Info” will be reflected on the screen and the user should choose the type of Sign-in info. This can include username, password, OTP, smart card details, or certificate if connection is work-related.
- “Save” the information
If the user has a VPN profile, then the following steps are followed to setup the connection:
- On the right side of the taskbar, choose the Network button
- Choose the desired VPN connection.
- Enter name and password when prompted
- Under the name of VPN connection, “Connected” will be displayed.
The above-mentioned steps are simple to follow and setup the VPN connection on Windows 10.
- Change DNS Settings on your Windows 10
- How to use a Remote Desktop App to connect to a PC on Windows 10?
- Update Apps on Your Amazon Fire TV Stick