Samsung Smart TV Apps Not Working
Samsung Smart TV Apps Not Working: Is your Samsung smart tv apps not working, aren’t streaming, or are freezing or blanking out? Get ready to easily solve them using various methods. With the help of methods such as using a power reset, unplug the power cable and rest networks, update software or any other techniques you can fix the issue immediately without any assistance from a third party.
When you get a Samsung Smart TV it comes with several apps like HBO Go, Netflix, Amazon, Xfinity, YouTube where one can stream various original and interesting content. But at times due to various reasons, there might be errors like apps getting stuck on the welcome screen or suck with a black or blank screen, Samsung Apps getting freeze, the presence of only audio without any video on screen, zero loading or getting stuck on the logo etc.
All such errors might appear at any given time and such smart TV glitches can be categories into two sections where one category is about app responsiveness and function issues and the other deals with the general issues. In this article, we are going to highlight the issues and ways to fix Samsung Smart TV apps that are not working.
How to Close and Open Samsung TV Apps
This one is the most basic thing that you can opt for, the steps are as follows-
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and open the app that isn’t loading or isn’t working.
- Shut the application entirely, as well as any background applications.
- Restart the app to see whether it’s still functional.
Power Cycle Reset
- Firstly, disconnect your modem/router for 10 minutes before restarting it.
- Then unplug the Samsung Smart TV’s electrical cable, after which hold for 10 seconds by pressing and holding the power switch on the television.
- Take another 10 minutes of waiting time before turning on the television.
Reset Network Settings
- Turn on the television and leave it on for at least 5 minutes
- Remove the cable entirely from the plug instead of using the remote to turn it off.
- After about 20 minutes restart the smart TV
- Verify that the Samsung smart TV apps are displaying correctly by entering the wifi password and connecting to it.
Clean Cache Data
By this method, you can remove temporary files to clear the required space. You can clean cache and clear data for every and any app that is not loading or functioning well, from the device settings menu/manage installed applications menu. When you start to clean cache data, the app resumes normal operation with better functionality.
Watch Out For Updates
Many times, your system might not update automatically leading to errors and app freezing condition. To get started with the update process you can start by following the points step by step-
- Press the Menu button.
- Select Software Updates from the Support menu.
- Press the Enter key.
In quite a few cases you might also require to get the update done with the help of a USB-stick and if you are not aware of the method to do so, you can visit Samsung support and look for instructions by entering your current TV model.
As silly and simple it might sound, this minor thing can cause a lot of trouble. Yes, if your internet connection is not strong enough the Samsung Smart TV apps will not function smoothly. A better internet connection is always a must to run apps like YouTube, Netflix etc.
Yes, this is crucial as well. You might face a technical problem with app compatibility after a system update, so remember to keep your apps updated at the earliest as the latest versions may be required to operate efficiently on the Samsung smart TV. As small as it is an app update may fix any app error codes, so set up a reminder, you can even tell Alexa to remind you on it!
Issue With Smart Hub
After an update if you are facing any issue, the first thing that you need to do is change the country code, add the code of the country you are currently residing in, all you require to do is-
- Get the remote control, press the Smart Hub button.
- After the Smart Hub has loaded, press 2, 8, 9. (Serial numbers may vary; search on Google)
- Select the country under Internet service location.
- Click on the agreed to the Terms
Secondly, allow the Smart Hub App to update according to the world, and new apps to occupy the Smart Menus.
Third thing is to shift back to your country code once the Smart Hub has been upgraded.
In the fourth step, the Smart Hub apps will be upgraded once more.
And finally, launch the apps. Happy Watching.