Plex.tv/link not working: Plex Media Server is a brilliant package that is used by millions around the world. Implementing server software on a PC or NAS can transform the workspace or home into a wired hub capable of streaming a variety of content. But at times things can go wrong, and in this post, we’ve compiled a list of issues and solutions to help you get back on the right track.
The first step for users who choose to use Plex on a Smart TV needs to link their TV to their PMS. Try going to plex.tv/link to get going. However, several users have recently reported that Plex.tv/link is no longer functioning. It ought to be easier for you to start accessing Plex and watching content when you understand how to link Plex to a TV.
Some of the reasons why Plex.tv/link not working are-
Plex cannot be connected to TV for a range of factors, such as-
- Plex servers are unavailable.
- You are using a version of PMS that is no longer supported.
- You’ve already built an account with the PMS.
Solutions to fix Plex.tv/link not working
The solutions to fix Plex.tv/link when it is not working includes-
Upgrade notifications, whether on a tablet, a PC, or a server, are something that many people tend to overlook at times. You might think of the Plex server as something you set up and leave it unattended, but you should keep an eye on it, particularly if you experience a problem that has already been addressed in a newer version. An update check is the first thing you need to do. Follow the instructions mentioned below-
- Go to http://SERVER-IP-ADDRESS:32400 to access the server’s web interface.
- In the upper corner, select the settings button.
- Select the tab for the server. (The server should search for updates automatically and notify you if any update is available.)
- Upgrade to a newer edition.
- Plex Media Server should be restarted once the update is completed.
Try Signing-out of the Plex Account
If your application can’t get access to the Plex server, you may have already signed into the PMS with the Plex account. It’s also possible that the app is signed in and linked to the account. Here are some options for resolving the issue-
- Log out from your Plex account in both the PMS and the application.
- Next, in the Plex Media Server, log in to the Plex profile.
- Sign in to the Plex account using the app or the plex.tv/link sign-in page.
- If you’re having trouble connecting to the Plex server, try to make sure that the PMS is fully operational.
No remote Access
In case you can link to the Plex server using a user on the same network but not from outside, the router is most often the root of the issue. Plex will "speak" to the router and have ports and routes started up for connectivity from the outside world if Universal Plug and Play (uPnP) is allowed. You can also go the manual route and manually access a port.
Link the app to the Plex Account
It’s possible that you haven’t linked the player application to the Plex account if the service can’t locate the server when you link Plex to TV. If Plex is unable to locate the server, follow the steps below-
- On the Television, start the application.
- Choose Sign Up.
- Plex will show a four-character activation code on the display.
- On the browser window, go to plex.tv/link.
- Check for the space bar that says CODE and click Submit
- Next, the player application will start to refresh.
- This completes the process of connecting it to the account.
Connect to the same IP Address
The warning message might appear for certain users- Plex unable to connect to the content server.” In most situation, the issue is that your PMS and application are not on the same local network. To function properly, the server and app should be on the same network subnet.
In case you have tried all the solutions out here and still struggling to understand the procedure, go to the Plex forums, where staff and helpful members of the community can support you.