Netflix progress bar won’t go away: Currently, Netflix is the on-demand media streaming services. Users often use it to enjoy tv shows and movies on their phones, but times have changed, and you can now view them on large screens as well. It is true that watching stuff on a larger screen, rather than the 4 or 5 inches on smartphones, gives an awesome experience altogether.
The great thing is that Netflix is now widely accessible on Smart TV, so no third-party applications are required. Even after this, several customers have noted that while watching, the Netflix bar does not go away, leading to an issue.
What causes the Netflix progress bar won’t go away?
Some of the causes of the Netflix progress bar include-
- Out-of-date software
- Virus infection
- Unrestricted storage
- No access to the internet
Read Also: How to Fix Netflix error code m7703-1003?
Methods to solve the issue of Netflix progress bar won’t go away
Update the Netflix App
Such an issue can always arise from an outdated app. If you are using Netflix on the smartphone, you must update the Netflix app by visiting the Google Play Store. Furthermore, if you use Chrome or another browser to view Netflix, it is highly recommended that you upgrade the Chrome or other browsers you are using currently. If you are using a Google Chrome browser, implement the steps to update the Netflix app-
- Select the three dots in the top right corner of the pc screen.
- Click Help and then About Google Chrome from the menu.
- It will check for updates and update the browser on its own.
Restart the device
If you are facing problems with their mobile devices opt for this method as it may benefit you. After a long period of inactivity, it is suggested that you restart the device. For many users, this issue appears to have been resolved simply by restarting the device. Like mentioned earlier, in case you use Netflix on your smartphone, ensure that the app is up to date.
Remove browser Cache
The online browser, like the smartphone app, contains a high percentage of caches that must be cleared after some time. Whenever you remove the cache, the cached files will be regenerated the next time you open the website. This may help you solve the issue.
- Follow the instructions mentioned below to delete the browser’s cache-
- First, go to the browser’s three-dot menu.
- Click “Settings” from the menu.
- The settings window will now appear. Many characteristics of the site can be configured here.
- Scroll to the bottom until you see the option for "advanced."
- Then select "advanced" from the menu. This will take you to the advanced options page.
- Next click the “Clear browsing data” option.
- After which, a new window will pop up, allowing you to choose the areas you want to remove.
- To pick all options, go to the "Advanced" tab.
- Ensure the time range is set to "All time" and that all of the options are checked.
- Then, to finish the cleansing, select the "Clear data" option.
Thereafter, restart the browser and go to the Netflix site to watch your favorite shows without any interruptions.
Disable Browser Extensions
Extensions may also block web users from entering the system, resulting in the same issues. As a result, it is suggested that you remove all unwanted browser add-ons.
The following procedures will assist you in removing the extensions from the browser-
- Move the mouse over the three-dot menu in the browser.
- Then you can now choose "More tools" from the top menu choices.
- Choose "Extensions" from the new popup menu.
- You’ll be able to see all of the extensions placed in the browser in the new window.
- Ensure all of the extensions you don’t need are turned off.
- If you notice any extensions that you did not instal, remove them immediately as all such extensions may contain malware.
- Simply restart the browser when you’ve completed establishing the extensions, and you’ll be able to view Netflix without any trouble.
Through above information , explained by CancelSubscriptions.net , know about causes and solve the issue of Netflix progress bar won’t go away.