How to Take a Screenshot on Windows 10
There are different ways to take a Screenshot on Windows 10. The easiest and the fastest method to take a screenshot on Windows 10 is simply by clicking the “PrtScn” button that is present on the keyboard. There are ways to opt for various key combos to take screenshots of only portions of the screen.
Windows has different variations of PrtScn:
- Click “PrtScn” to copy the full screen to the clipboard. The image taken can be pasted into any program that features images.
- Press “Alt+PrtScn”and this will copy the active window to the clipboard that can be pasted to another program.
- Press “Windows Key+Shift+S” to dim the screen and change the pointer of the mouse. The user can drag to select a portion of the screen. The image taken will get copied to the clipboard and can be used in any other program. The important thing to note here is that this shortcut is applicable to Windows 10 users only with the latest version of Windows 10 Creators Update.
- Press “Windows Key+PrtScn” and this will save the screen as an image file. The user can find the image in the “Pictures” folder and then in a subfolder called “Screenshots”
How to Take Screenshot on Windows 10 with Snipping Tool:
Microsoft provides the users with a more flexible screenshot utility that is called the Snipping Tool. This allows the users to take the screenshot and save it as an image file without the need to first paste it into another program.
- Snipping Tool is found in the Start menu
- Choose the screenshot type in the “Mode” dropdown. Any format like Full Screen, Free-Form, or Rectangular can be chosen by the users.
- Press “New” and the screen will freeze. The user now needs to use the mouse to create the screenshot. The screenshot can be viewed in the Snipping Tool window.
- If the user wants to choose a tooltip, it will be seen after the movement of the mouse.
- Drawing tools can be used to annotate the screenshot.
- Once the user is done, click “File” and then press on “Save As” to save the image
How to take a screenshot on Windows 10 with the Game Bar:
This can be done by the users within most of the Windows Games. It is compatible to take image screenshots and record videos as well.
- Click on “Start” to start a Game or Xbox Console Companion Program.
- Click “Windows Key+G”. The overlay of the Game Bar will be visible
- Here the users can select either of the two options; press the “Camera” icon to take the screenshot or press the “Windows Key+Alt+PrtScn” shortcut
The screenshot will be saved in the subfolder “Captures” of the main folder “Videos”.