Philips is indeed one of the world’s largest electronic corporations. Consumer devices, home appliances, and health products are among their key offerings. They make some of the world’s most famous smart TVs, along with other high-quality electrical goods. Philips smart TVs come with a range of pre-installed and pre-presented applications, similar to other smart TVs.
It is also true that some of your favourite apps may not be available at first, or you may simply wish to extend the application choices, there are a variety of ways to install and run apps on the Philips smart TV. We’ll learn exactly how to achieve that in this post.
How can a user add apps to the Philips Smart TV?
The number of apps available in the Philips App Gallery varies across countries or location. On the TV, certain App Gallery apps are pre-presented. From the App Gallery, you may install or load more apps. The Terms and Conditions will be presented to you, and you will be requested to accept them. if the terms and conditions of your first installation are not accepted, you can always opt to do it later.
There are numerous options for downloading and installing applications on the Philips smart TV, based on what you wish to add-
Add apps to the Philips Smart TV via Google Play Store
Any Android-powered smart TV has Google Play Store pre-installed, meaning you may use it to download any other software that you can’t seem to find in the Philips Application Store. Follow the steps to proceed-
- Enter the user credentials to access the Google account. Create a Google profile if you don’t already have one by selecting the ‘Sign up’ button.
- Go over to the Home page and pick ‘Apps’ after you’ve added the Google account.
- Choose the Google Play Store‘ option.
- Next, select the ‘Get more apps’ option and look for the programme you want to install or add.
- Now, choose the app and press the ‘Install’ button. If the application isn’t free, you’ll need to purchase it first. To do so, simply follow the directions displayed on the screen.
- When the application is downloaded, you can activate it directly or from the home screen at any moment.
Add apps to the Philips Smart TV at App Store or Phillips App Gallery
The Philips Smart TV App Store or Philips Net TV are arguably the easiest ways to obtain applications on a Philips smart TV. Netflix, YouTube, Amazon Prime Video, and Vudu are just a few of the popular streaming applications available.
You will be able to choose from a huge variety of applications and personalize the ones you want through the VEWD app store. It’s simple and free to add apps from their primary shop.
Also, ensure that the app you want doesn’t include pre-installed on the Television before you start to add and activate additional apps. Users can do so by going to ‘My Applications’ and then choosing the app they want.
- First, you need to turn on the television.
- Next, connect to the network using Wi-Fi. By choosing ‘All Select‘, then ‘Wireless and Networks,’ you may search for accessible Wi-Fi connections, then choose one, and enter your Wi-Fi credentials. Once the TV is linked up, it will notify immediately.
- On the tv remote, click the ‘Home’ button. To access it, pick the App gallery/Philips Store option from the Apps/Philips collection menu.
Add apps to the Philips Smart TV via Zappiti 4k Player
The Zappiti 4k player is a unit that comes standard with most Philips smart TVs that allows users to stream pre-downloaded media and instal apps. This box only works with Android devices because it installs apps from the Google Play Store. Follow the steps below to proceed-
- Click ‘Source’ and then ‘Input’ on the tv remote.
- Next click on the Zappiti 4k player
- Now go to ‘Google Play Store,’ browse for the application you would like to download and begin the installation.
Add apps to the Philips Smart TV via ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is yet another option to add an application from external sources on your Philips Smart TV.
The installation procedure is as follows-
- On the smartphone, go to the Google Play Store.
- Look for ‘ES File Explorer’ or ‘ES File Manager’ in the search bar.
- Install the application.
- Ensure that Philips smart TV and your phone are both linked to the same Wi-Fi network.
- On the smartphone, click the ES File Explorer.
- Click the top left corner’s side menu.
- Find the word ‘Network’ at the bottom of the page. Select ‘Smart TV’ from the Network menu.
- The option Philips Smart TV will appear on the list of smart TVs. To download the app on the smart TV, click on it.
- After you’ve installed ES File Explorer on the Philips smart TV, you can instal any software that isn’t available in the Philips App Store or the Google Play Store.
Update Philips smart TV
Frequent updates are available for Philips smart TVs, and because practically every update is released with extra applications that you may download or you might just want to just check if your TV is upgraded to prevent any further procedures or attempts.