Are you sure you want to cancel? We’ll be sad to see you go! You can cancel your Course Hero recurring subscription at any time to stop further charges. Please note: This will not automatically refund any new or recent recurring charges. Cancel my Course Hero subscription
- If you signed up through our Course Hero website, follow these steps to cancel your recurring subscription:
- Log in to your account and hover over your profile picture to and go to your Account Settings.
- Click the Stop Recurring Membership button.
- Follow the instructions on the page to confirm cancellation.
- If you signed up through iTunes, you can cancel your subscription directly through your iTunes account. Contact Apple directly for any billing-related questions.
- If you signed up through the Google Play store, you can cancel your subscription directly through your Google Play account. You may contact Google Play Support for any billing-related questions.
Once you’ve finished that process, you will receive an email confirming that your membership has been canceled successfully. After the membership period expires, your account will then revert to a Basic Membership, which means you will have Premier access until then.
How can I upgrade my account?
There are two easy ways you can upgrade your account:
1) Hover your mouse over your profile picture icon at the top-right corner and then click on My Account. From there, select Upgrade Membership to select the next membership plan of your choice.
2) At the bottom left-hand corner of your dashboard homepage, click the Upgrade button displayed below your account summary.
What forms of payment do you accept?
Course Hero accepts all major credit cards including Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express, China Union Pay, JCB, and Elo. We also accept PayPal if you are located within the United States.
What does pausing my account do?
If you have a Premier Membership* and aren’t currently using Course Hero, we allow you to pause your membership and use your remaining time at a later date. This is especially helpful when you’ve already paid for an annual membership but are out of school for vacation. This way, you can use your membership when you actually need it.
To pause your membership, go to your Account Settings and then click on the Pause Membership button to place a hold on unused Premier Membership days. You can pause for 1, 2, or 3 months. Kindly note that you may only pause your account once every 30 days.
*Subscriptions purchased through the Google Play Store or through Apples’ iTunes are not able to be paused or downgraded.
How many times can I pause my account?
We know there are times when you won’t be using Course Hero—like over the summer or during winter break—so Premier Memberships* can be paused once per month.
Once your membership resumes (either automatically or as the result of your unpausing it), you cannot pause again for another 30 days.
*Please note: Subscriptions purchased through the Google Play Store or through Apples’ iTunes are not able to be paused.
If I pause my membership when will my membership be renewed?
When your Premier account is paused, it’s on hold, and you can use the remaining time of your Premier Membership at a later date. You may wait to use your account until it automatically resumes, or you can opt to manually resume at any time.
The day your subscription renews would depend on how much time is left on the Premier Membership.
For example, if your account were due to renew tomorrow, and today you paused your account for one month, then the account would be on pause for 1 month. Then, after the account was reactivated (either automatically at the end of 1 month, or if you were to manually resume your membership), you would have 1 day left before the account would renew.
*Please note: Subscriptions purchased through the Google Play Store or through Apples’ iTunes are not able to be paused or downgraded.