Fix sound on Amazon Prime Video: Amazon Prime members have access to a vast library of TV shows, movies, and videos. Watching Prime videos is very easy, but there are a few issues with Amazon Prime Video on cell phones, laptops, and televisions.
While viewing Amazon Prime Video, you can encounter hundreds of Amazon error codes, and the error code isn’t always very helpful in determining the issue. Amazon video stutters or lags, Prime video won’t be playing, or the video keeps jumping. If you’re having trouble with your Android or iOS smartphone, machine, or television, here are a few fixes. This article addresses methods for resolving Amazon Prime Video issues.
What is Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime is a premium membership programme by Amazon that allows subscribers access to additional services which are otherwise inaccessible or only available at a price to other Amazon people in a variety of nations. Consumers who join Amazon Prime get free two-day delivery on a wide variety of products, and also access to Prime Video and lower subscription rates.
The ability to sign up for a free Amazon Prime trial may well be the best benefit of the membership programme. This gives you 30 days to check out the service and experience all of the perks, including free two-day delivery. You can withdraw at any point, or the end of the trial period, you’ll get directly updated to a paid subscription package.
How to fix when no sound plays while playing Amazon Prime videos?
The majority of Amazon Prime Video streaming issues are caused by a lack of web or network access. The system must be able to support a 3.0 Mbps connectivity for standard definition videos, a 5.0 Mbps connection for high definition content, and a 25 Mbps connection for 4K streaming to download from Amazon. If your laptop doesn’t really have a decent net connection or if it’s too low then you might end up experiencing quite a few issues.
Ways to check if Amazon Prime Video is down
When everything appears to be in order on your end, you might like to verify for issues with a service monitor such as Down Detector. These service monitors are constantly monitoring to see if providers like Amazon Prime Video are up and running, and they keep it easy to see if there is a prevalent issue. Although this will not assist you in resolving your Amazon error code, it will reveal whether the issue is genuine or not.
For any kind of Amazon error try out the following fixes-
- Restart your broadcasting system if necessary.
- Restart the systems on the home network.
- If at all necessary, enhance your wireless link.
- Change your network link from wireless to wired.
- Make sure your Prime Video app is updated.
- If needed, clean your Prime Video app cache or uninstall and reinstall.
- Make sure your subscription software is completely updated by Amazon.
- If required, update your device.
Low bandwidth or weak internet connectivity may create some viewing issues. That also implies that the issues are unrelated to your Amazon Prime membership. You’ll need to restart your app, modem, or router to repair it.
Follow the steps below to proceed-
- Find the app from the Settings menu on your Fire TV’s home screen.
- Select Managed Installed Apps from the drop-down menu.
- On Fire TV, go to Amazon Prime Video and choose it.
- Select Force Close from the menu.
- Open the app and enjoy your favourite shows or movies.
Check the Audio Setting
It’s likely that the audio settings are off if you’re streaming on Amazon Prime and only see pictures with no music/audio. To resolve the issue, go to your device’s audio settings. The way of solving this issue is to switch off DD+ (Dolby Digital Plus) (Dolby Digital Plus).
Take the measures outlined below to accomplish this-
- Choose Display and Sounds from the Settings menu on your Fire TV Stick or Amazon Fire TV.
- Pick Dolby Digital Output. Switch off DD+ and start the video again
- To obtain DD+ audio, your receiver must help it.
Uninstall and reinstall the app
You might not feel like uninstalling an app since you’ll delete your information. Instead, you’ll rely on upgrading the software in order to preserve your results. However, if you’re experiencing technical difficulties, such as no sound when watching Amazon Prime videos, you should definitely uninstall and reinstall the app.
Follow the step by step method to proceed-
- From the Fire TV home screen, go to Settings.
- Choose Applications, then Manage Installed Applications from the menu.
- Uninstall the Amazon Prime app by going to the App Store and searching for it.
While deleting, locate and reinstall the programme. Installing a new app with factory settings and also with no cache present.