DirecTV Troubleshooting Guide: You could be watching DirecTV without disruptions when the system unexpectedly stops functioning. If the receiver isn’t receiving any signals or the decoder isn’t linking to the web, you might have an issue. Multiple DirecTV error codes can appear in certain cases, indicating the exact source of the problem.
It’s necessary to have proper sound while watching DIRECTV shows or movies. Some of the symptoms you may be having, as well as solutions, are mentioned below. The sound issue can arise in different types, mainly-
When only one channel is experiencing a sound problem
Only if one channel has no sound or has sound interference, it may be a major broadcast problem that will fix itself in the next few minutes. Secondary Audio Programming (SAP) can, on occasion, cause sound issues. Turn back to the original language while you’re hearing SAP. Follow the steps below-
- To pull up the info bar at the top of the Television screen, click INFO on the tv remote.
- To display Audio/Video, press the right arrow button.
- Pick Dolby Audio in English.
When all the channels are experiencing a sound problem
The remote might well be turned to MUTE, or the audio/visual cables may not have been properly linked, causing sound problems. Cables can be broken and not functioning properly, particularly if you do have pets at home remember to keep the television remote at a place where they can’t find it. To resolve the issue, follow the procedures-
Check TV remote
On the tv remote, click the volume turned up button. If the sound does not improve when you press the button, the tv remote needs to be programmed. Follow how to fix it by going to the remote setting and abide by the guidelines mentioned.
Inspect the Audio/Video cables
If you are connecting the receiver to the TV via another unit, such as a stereo, take the following steps-
- Make sure the TV, the receiver, and any other associated devices to it are all switched on.
- To loop through TV inputs, click the TV INPUT button on the tv remote (such as HDMI). Try tuning the remote control if nothing occurs when you hit the button.
- If the issue continues, attach the receiver to the television.
- In case the sound comes back, the issue is with the unit that is connected to the television and receiver. Guidelines for changing audio inputs and configurations can be found in the user guide.
When the DirecTV receiver is slow
Is the DIRECTV receiver acting slower recently? Do you mean incredibly slow? If that’s the case, try one of the following solutions to get things back on the right track-
- On the DirecTV receiver or server, click the red reset button.
- Restart it as soon as it’s done rebooting.
- After the double reset, it can take some time to speed up. With a double, the DIRECTV equipment can run at its best for around twelve hours.
Presence of an External Hard Drive
- Remove the external hard drive after unplugging the receiver.
- Reconnect the receiver and then use the internal hard drive for a day or two.
- When you plug the hard drive back in and reset it, you won’t be able to gain access to records and documents saved on it.
DirecTV Error code 776, 775, and 771
The DIRECTV error 771 notification is among the most popular when several DIRECTV subscribers encounter a communication problem. Whenever this arises, the DIRECTV system can’t pick up a signal, so you won’t be able to view some content. If this occurs, or if you receive DIRECTV error 775 or 776 notifications, consider the following simple solutions-
DirecTV Error code 776- Several receivers at one place
Classify how many tuners you’re utilising. (Standard DVRs have two tuners, while the HR34 has five.) If it’s more than eight, you’ll probably require to opt for a SWiM-16.
DirecTV Error code 775-Power Loss
- Ensure that all wires are safe and free of damage.
- Tighten any slack cables
- Reconnect the SWiM inserter by unplugging it and plugging it back in.
- If the issues persist, you could have a faulty cable. Disconnect each cable one by one before you locate the one that is broken. Fix the cable that has damaged.
DirecTV Error code 771-Poor Signal
- Using the TV remote, click the MENU button.
- Select Settings&Help, Satellite, and Display Signal Strength from the menu.
- On the remote, click the DASH button.
- If a user has a DVR, review each satellite including tuners 1 and 2.
Step by step method to program a DirecTV remote
Users must programme the DirecTV remote before linking it. One can programme a DirecTV universal remote for an HD receiver or HD DVR in the following way-
- On the phone, click Menu.
- Setup Parental Favorites by selecting them from the menu.
- The next one needs to select System Setup
- Choose between a remote or remote control.
- Click Program Remote from the menu.
- Select the computer you would like to control with the remote. To finish the procedure, implement the on-screen instructions.