Amazon Prime Video not functioning on Samsung TV: Without a question, Amazon Prime Video is a great service that allows you to watch a variety of different programmes and TV shows. However, just like any other piece of technology, you may occasionally run into a problem in which you are unsure how to deal.
Many people are wondering why the Amazon Prime Video app isn’t functioning on their Samsung TVs, and this article will guide you out of such a situation. A quick step-by-step guide that you can implement to get the best Amazon Prime functionality on your big screens is here.
Causes why Amazon Prime Video not functioning on Samsung TV?
Some of the most common causes why Amazon Prime Video not functioning on Samsung TV are as follows-
Insufficient TV memory
Remove any applications you aren’t using and also don’t forget to clear the cache.
Lookout at the Samsung TV for available updates and click on the upgrade option. Try not to delay as doing so will increase the chances of such an issue prevailing.
Improve a slow internet connection. You can resolve this by disconnecting the router, unplugging it, and then trying to connect it.
You can solve an application issue by clicking the Home button and selecting More Apps. Try to uninstall and re-install the Amazon Prime app. You can also simply log in and out, and exit and close the app from the background apps, and then reboot it.
Ways to solve the issue of Amazon Prime Video not functioning on Samsung TV?
Check active downloads/VPNs
You may have a decent Internet connection and WiFi at times. However, this Wifi may be consumed by other downloads and not be competent enough to withstand Amazon Prime Video. Ensure that no one is playing games, uploading videos, or downloading large files while you’re preparing to use the application. Switch off any VPNs you may be using, as they may interfere with the app’s functionality.
It is one of the most popular reasons why Prime Video won’t run on the Samsung TV: any time we connect with the TV or pick up where we stopped off watching a movie, the memory is slowly filled with information cached by the various programmes you’re running. Follow the steps below to clean cache-
- Switch on the Samsung television.
- On the tv remote, click the Home button.
- Next, Go to Settings, click on the Apps section and then pick System
- Choose which app’s cache you would like to clear.
- Choose Clear Cache.
- Select OK to confirm.
Delete TV memory
Such an approach has also been shown to be quite successful and simple to use. If you watch a lot of Amazon Prime Video, it’s worth cleaning up some space on the TV and deactivating any programmes you don’t need.
Restart the TV
- This method is fairly simple to execute, so try it and see what develops. Follow the instructions to restart the TV-
- Hold the power button on the remote control for about 5 seconds before the TV turns back on.
- If the issue continues, disconnect the TV entirely from the board. Then click the power button on the television for some time.
- After 2 minutes, reconnect the TV’s power cord.
Uninstall the Prime Video app and reinstall
To remove the app, follow the given steps below. You may also use these methods to fix Amazon Prime on my Samsung TV.
- Go to the Apps section.
- Choose the Settings option.
- Find the Amazon Prime Video App and pick it.
- Choose Delete.
- Next, reinstall it again once you see it’s no more present on the device screen. If you can’t find Amazon Prime on the Samsung TV, try downloading. Here’s how to do it:
- On the remote, click the Return button.
- Choose the Search button.
- Enter the app’s name- Amazon Prime Video and click it.
- Choose Install option
- After you’ve installed it, open it and give it another attempt.
Check the Internet Connectivity
- As per reports on Samsung user support forums, internet connection issues on Smart TVs will cause the Amazon Prime Video application to fail without warning. Steps to proceed further-
- For at least 30 sec, switch off the WIFI router and disconnect it from the outlet.
- Reconnect the router to see if the problem with the connection has been fixed.
- If you’re connecting the TV to the internet with an ethernet cable, make sure the link is secure between the router and the TV.
At the end of this blog , CancelSubscriptions.net website explains what to do when Amazon Prime Video not functioning on Samsung TV & how to fix it.