Adblock Not Working on Crunchyroll: When it comes to entertainment, Crunchyroll is one of the superior online streaming platforms. For watching anime, people all across the world prefer using Crunchyroll. It’s fun to spend time on Crunchyroll but the attacks of ads can make this experience pretty annoying. Unfortunately, Crunchyroll offers nothing to skip these advertisements.
However, you can get rid of this annoyance with the help of adblockers. These ad blockers can indeed make your experience flawless. But you should not forget that Crunchyroll has proven to be successful in detecting these adblockers and interrupting their performances.
Now if you are wondering why your Adblock Not Working then you have come to the right place. We are going to show you how to make your AdBlock work on Crunchyroll. Let’s roll in!
How to Troubleshoot Adblock on Crunchyroll?
There are some ways that you can use to make your Adblocker work on Crunchyroll:
Update Adblock Extension and Makes Changes to Its Filter List
We all know that Crunchyroll keeps updating its algorithms to interrupt the performances of the adblockers. An outdated AdBlock extension with an old filter list will not work. So, it is suggested that you should keep updating your filter list to the latest version. Here are some steps that you have to follow to do this:
- Launch Google Chrome and hit the Action Menu. Go to more tools.
- Go to the sub-menu and click the extensions.
- At the right top corner, you will see the developer mode. Enable it.
- Now hit the update and update all the extensions.
- Once you have completed the process, relaunch Google Chrome.
- After this, update the filter list.
- Open Crunchyroll again to check if ads are working properly or not.
Make Changes to Hosts File to Avoid In-Stream Ads
The in-stream ads of Crunchyroll make use of static.vrv.co to play ads. By making changes to the host file, you will be doing a trick that will stop the ads from loading. Here is what you have to do:
- Close Google Chrome.
- Type notepad on the search option and push right-click on it. Now click on run as administrator.
- Click on the file in the notepad and open it.
- After opening the dialogue box, change from a text document to all files.
- Navigate to the “host files” directory. This is located at C:/Windows/System32/drivers/etc.
- In the files shown, click on the “hosts” file.
- At the bottom of the host file of #, add this line: 127.0.0.1 static.vrv.co.
- Save changes and close the file.
- Reopen the Crunchyroll to check if it worked.
Try Different Browser with Different Adblocking Extension when AdBlock not working
If none of the above steps is working then try a different browser. Sometimes the adblocking extensions can’t cope up with the ever-changing Crunchyroll. Chrome users can go for Firefox or Edge to try this solution. Following are the extensions you can go for:
- Ublock Origin
- StopAll Ads
- Adblock Plus
Make Use of Developer Tools
The next thing you can do is to make use of developer tools to stop ads from interrupting your streaming. Follow these steps:
- Launch Google Chrome and then Crunchyroll.
- Right-click on this page and click inspect.
- Open command drawer
- Type “Show Request Blocking” and click Enter.
- Click on “Enable Request Blocking”.
- Click the plus button and type “vrv.co” and click Add.
- Keep the dev console open and make sure your problem is solved.
All these aforementioned steps are the steps that can make your Adblock work on Crunchyroll. So, what are you waiting for? Try these solutions provided by the CancelSubscriptions.net website and let us know how they worked!