Thing to know about Activate Locast: For people who prefer to watch local channels but don’t want to use the stone age antenna, Locast presents the perfect option. Launched in the year 2018, it offers TV streaming services across 30 cities across the United States. The best part about Locast is that it is completely free and one can use it on any devices.
The Locast service is available across all the platforms including Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, Roku, Apple TV, Android smartphones, tablets, and many others. Learn more about here – How To Stream Your Local Channels With Locast, but to do that you need to activate the app on your device before. Now, this can be a bit confusing or difficult. Here we have explained all the steps that you need to follow for Activating Locaston TV.
Activate Locast on Android TV
This is what you need to do if you are confused about how to active Locast on Android TV:
- Make sure that the TV is connected to the Internet
- Open the Google Play Store
- Search for the Locast app and then install it
- Open the app and sign in with your account
- Visit locast.org for activation
- You will receive a six-character code
- Enter the code to activate
After that, the Android TV will refresh and all the local channels will appear on the screen.
Activate Locast on Apple TV
Here are things that you need to do to activate Locast on Apple TV:
- Turn on your Apple TV
- Open the iOS app store and search for Locast App
- Install the app and sign in to your account
- Visit Locast.org to activate
- Enter the activation code being displayed on the TV
- Finally submit the code
Refresh the TV and the Live TV guide will display on the screen that will help to start streaming different channels.
Activate Locast on Amazon Fire TV
- Check the device setup manual and complete the setup of the Amazon TV
- Go to the network settings
- Open the Amazon App store
- Search for the Locast Channel
- After the channel appears, click on to “Add” option
- To complete the activation steps, you need to create an account.
- Visit the account creation page and fill in the details asked in the form
Activate Locast on Roku
If you are a Roku user, then follow the steps given below:
- Turn your Roku device on
- Connect the device with your TV
- Go to the settings and select the network to activate the connection
- Make sure that your Roku Device is linked with your account
- You will get a code and visit Roku.com/link to enter the code
- Go to the channel store
- Search the Locast Channel
- Find the activation code for the channel
- Visit the page Locast.org/Activate to enter the code
- You will be able to stream the channels after signing in with your Locast account
Through this blog provide by Cancel Subscriptions explains easy steps to Activate Locast on Android TV, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV & Roku.