Activate HBO GO on Roku, Smart TV, Fire stick, Direct TV Now
HBO GO is an app from HBO in the United States that enables users to access all of their content from your Android smartphone. You must have a user account for the USA service and have charged the subscription to use the app. It must be noted that you won’t be able to stream any movies or episodes otherwise.
HBO GO has a lot of great content for viewers. You can watch or binge-watch shows like The Sopranos, Game of Thrones, True Detective, West world, The Wire, and Curb Your Enthusiasm are available to watch in full HD. All of them are in their original form, with subtitles in a variety of languages.
Well, apart from HBO shows, you can also watch a number of newly released films. You won’t have access to every new edition, but you will have access to the vast majority of them. Not to mention in full HD and streaming with a variety of audio and subtitle options.
Thus, all the features of HBO GO allow you to have a fantastic experience without compromise on the video/audio quality. To enjoy the services of HBO GO, you’ll need an HBO subscription from a licensed television provider.
You’ll also require your TV provider’s account password and username. After you’ve obtained both, you’ll need to complete an HBO GO activation procedure. The procedure of activating the service is easy. The activation can, in most situations, be determined by the type of system you are using (Smart TV, Xbox, Roku, Apple TV, etc.). Here’s a step-by-step method for Apple TV users. Based on the system you’re using, here are the key steps to follow.
Activate HBO GO on Roku:
View all your favourite HBO shows straightaway from your Roku unit. To begin, you’ll need to download the HBO Go application. Sign-in to your cable provider’s account after that; your HBO activation will then be checked by your cable provider. Finally, you’ll attach your Roku device to your provider using the code displayed on your TV screen, and you’ll be good to start streaming.
Press the Home button on your Roku remote, which lies near the house icon on it. Scroll to the bottom of your Roku channels list to find the ones you’ve already loaded. HBO Go will be located at the bottom of your channel list unless you’ve arranged the list.
Follow the step-by-step Method to Activate HBO GO on Roku
- When you first open the HBO Go channel app, select the option Activate Your Device.
- You will notice on your TV screen that HBO Go is free with the current HBO subscription.
- On your device, head to the page that’s displayed on your screen (hbogo.com/activate).
- Then, on the HBO Go activation display, press the Continue button.
- Thereafter, you need to choose the name of your HBO television provider.
- If your TV provider isn’t listed among the available options, go to More Providers, find yours, and click it.
Activate HBO GO on Smart TV
A smart TV is equipped with a server that enables you to control, monitor, and watch online and network-based video content without the use of a separate box (for example Roku or Fire Stick). Not only that, it allows users to watch streaming videos, shows, movies, surf the web, and do other things that were previously only possible on computers or mobile devices.
To activate HBO GO on Smart TV the steps mentioned below will guide you to successfully do it-
- On your Smart TV, click on the HBO GO app.
- “Connect your provider account” should be chosen.
- To start, follow the instructions on the screen.
- From your device or any internet browser, visit hbogo.com.com/activate.
- Alternatively, check the QR code on your TV with your smartphone.
- Enter the HBO GO activation code seen on your TV screen if you’ve used the URL.
Activate HBO GO on Mobile
Now you can subscribe via mobile/desktop browser. HBO GO can be accessed directly from the application by existing HBO subscribers with an active subscription via a provider. Activate HBO GO on Mobile by using the steps below to access the service-
- The first thing you need to do is download the HBO GO app and install it on your device.
- Secondly, sign-in to your profile by opening the app and logging in.
- Pick a TV service, such as Direct TV.
- Log in to your TV provider’s website.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to generate an HBO GO ID.
- After creating your ID, click Save and begin watching whatever content you like.
Also, you can use the same steps to access HBO GO on an iPhone. The directions for activating HBO GO from your device are the same as for activating HBO GO from your phone.
The only difference is that you will finish the steps by going to hbogo.com and signing-in to your premium subscription account.
Activate HBO GO on Roku, Fire stick, Direct TV Now or anywhere of your choice
If you’re not using a participating TV provider, HBO GO will not work for you. To begin the installation, you must also have a current subscription. If HBO GO activation fails, the quickest option is to approach the streaming service or your television operator.